Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By macman Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:17 pm
So now you catz have been bangin your beats who thinks the sound is working!!!!!!

For me the High and low pass filters are a must for sound creation.
By aaron_bliss Wed Dec 17, 2003 3:18 pm
macman wrote:So now you catz have been bangin your beats who thinks the sound is working!!!!!!

For me the High and low pass filters are a must for sound creation.

I was just thinking this last night. I took a listen to the sounds with and with out the efx/filters and compressor. BIG, BIG difference!

I cant believe I ever did without them, they added so much to the sound. impressed! I have to say, I like It better than my old MPC2000 loaded.

for a little background check, I used the mpc2000 for about 6 years. I swore by it, I never believed in switching over to the XL. When I saw the 1000 I knew it was time. So to all you nae sayers (sp). I have to disagree. I really do like this box.

I rocked it last night for about 2 hrs trying to get it to flop and no crashing so far. I like it alot.

one

By aaron_bliss Wed Dec 17, 2003 3:22 pm
I think another cool thing about it is that I'm learning some new things on this OS that I used to know how to do easily before, little things that I need to learn over.

one thing I didn't find out yet is how to effect a single sound, oh well that will come with time and a lil reading...

this is cool. I feel I was getting to know the 2000 almost too well.