Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By wellsy747486 Thu Dec 18, 2003 4:14 pm
Hey,

Had my MPC1000 since last Thursday now, first MPC ever and I'm very very pleased with it, already banging out some tight little beats! Obviously I'm on a steep learning curve, but the thing I'm having the most trouble with is putting samples onto the memory card, specifically ones I've recorded myself. I'm using my Triton, recording stuff into Wavelab, saving as a .wav then throwing them onto the memory card, but the MPC1000 says "wrong file" or "file not found". What am I doing wrong?

Cheers all, can't wait to hear what some of you other 1000 cats are doing with this baby!
By LabWorkz Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:08 pm
wellsy747486 so u have the MPC 1000 with a Triton huh? Which Triton do u have, Triton LE, Triton Classic or Triton Studio? I have the Motif ES and I'm waitin on my pre-ordered MPC 1000 to arrive anyday now. Dats a killer combo huh the Triton and the 1k or the ES and the 1k both are deadly combo's playa fo reel. But do u feel u have wasted yur money buyin 2 sequencers and 2 samplers? Alot of people say that u and I are wastin lots of money buyin 2 piece's of equipment that does the same thing basically? How do u feel about that and what is yur purpose for yur MPC 1000 when u already have a Triton that can do the same thing that the MPC 1000 can and more? Holla back at cha boy and let me know what's real Thanks!

By wellsy747486 Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:08 pm
I got the LE but I don't have the sample board for it. I guess I could have got one but I liked the idea of having a synth to do the jobs of a synth, and a sampler to do the job of a sampler. I've been using the LE sequencer for a while and it's good, but the 1000's sequencer is much much better. I guess I just like to know where I am with my gear, I know if I wanna bang out a riff or play some chords or a melody, or just use some cool sounds then I've got the Triton, and if I wanna bang out a beat, or sample a cool riff I've got the MPC. Each to his own and all that,,,
By Roopesh Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:14 pm
hows the 1000 going???

thinking of picking one of these up...

i have a second demo tommorow.

and i have to make my mind up.

has it been crashing lately? and are you happy with the feel and sound?

cheers mate.

by the way...i use the Korg Tritons, they are wicked...they are not too polished...but gritty enough for urban music.
By Roopesh Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:17 pm
all the main chords for misteeq, craig, britney, his own stuff are done on the Tritons, we just tweak the sounds (in the FX section), and we sometimes use strings and rhodes from the Roland XV 5050 and Fantom keyboard.

By wellsy747486 Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:21 pm
I'm really liking the 1000 so far, it's my first ever MPC. Found it very intuitive, piece of cake to get the hang of, but reassuring that there's still tonnes I haven't discovered yet. It's not crashed one me at all so that issue doesn't apply to me, like I said the only issue I'm having is file transfer but once I get that one sorted it'll be all good. I'd recommend this to beginners, people with small studios, people who want to be able to work on the go (I got a free gig bag with it, it'd be handy for anyone who spends a lot of time in hotels/tour buses etc). It's a banging little piece of kit. And yeah the Tritons are awesome too, when I was buying it it was either the Triton, the Motif or whatever the Roland equivalent is, I just liked the sounds on the Triton better.

Cheers, let us know if you cop a 1000!

Wellsy