Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum

By Stashy Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:35 pm
It's not arrogance it is the truth. Ask any UK artist where they want to hit it big and every reply will be the same.

By Boogie Man Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:37 pm
Stashy wrote:It's not arrogance it is the truth. Ask any UK artist where they want to hit it big and every reply will be the same.
I'm not denying that, but truth at times can be arrogance, depending on how its laid out.

By Stashy Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:39 pm
I just call it as is.
By Roopesh Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:06 pm
'I'm a recent college grad that is looking to get into the producing biz. I've been djing for a while but it is time to take the next step'.

so do you think i have heard of you then...

LOL LOL LOL!!!

you've given me a heart attack.

By wellsy747486 Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:39 pm
Roopesh, respect to you man, you sound like you've done some nice stuff and you appear to be doing very well for yourself so well done, keep doing what you're doing and don't let people put you down. But at the same time, why the completely unprovoked attacks at all the newbies on the board (of which I am one).

I have never made a track that's gone into the charts, I have never produced for a platinum selling artist, I do not have a house with seven bedrooms, or a Porsche Boxster, or a blah blah blah blah,,,,

This is because I am a beginner. Just like Dre was once. Just like Timbo was once. Just like Teddy Riley, Quincy Jones, Babyface,,,you get my point. And I know you may not believe this, but you were a beginner once too. I don't know you, I don't know anything about you, but I do know you didn't emerge from the womb, Akai in hand banging out hot beats, which tells me that there was once a time when even you were learning, when even you were making 'loose' (whatever that is) beats.

I know I'm probably opening myself up for an onslaught of "you aint crap, you'll never be as good as me etc", and if this is what you believe then cool, I aint hating on you at all, and I certainly won't get upset if someone who knows nothing about me predicts my future for me. But I am suggesting that instead of telling us all how rubbish we are, why not give us the benefit of some of your experience, give some constructive feedback to people's joints and help out, you could be a really appreciated member of the boards.

Like I said man, keep up the good work, keep doing your thing and don't listen to haters, but definitely don't be a hater.

Peace,

Wellsy
By Roopesh Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:57 pm
as posted by Wellsy:

'Roopesh, respect to you man, you sound like you've done some nice stuff and you appear to be doing very well for yourself so well done, keep doing what you're doing and don't let people put you down. But at the same time, why the completely unprovoked attacks at all the newbies on the board (of which I am one).

I have never made a track that's gone into the charts, I have never produced for a platinum selling artist, I do not have a house with seven bedrooms, or a Porsche Boxster, or a blah blah blah blah,,,,

This is because I am a beginner. Just like Dre was once. Just like Timbo was once. Just like Teddy Riley, Quincy Jones, Babyface,,,you get my point. And I know you may not believe this, but you were a beginner once too. I don't know you, I don't know anything about you, but I do know you didn't emerge from the womb, Akai in hand banging out hot beats, which tells me that there was once a time when even you were learning, when even you were making 'loose' (whatever that is) beats.

I know I'm probably opening myself up for an onslaught of "you aint ****, you'll never be as good as me etc", and if this is what you believe then cool, I aint hating on you at all, and I certainly won't get upset if someone who knows nothing about me predicts my future for me. But I am suggesting that instead of telling us all how rubbish we are, why not give us the benefit of some of your experience, give some constructive feedback to people's joints and help out, you could be a really appreciated member of the boards.

Like I said man, keep up the good work, keep doing your thing and don't listen to haters, but definitely don't be a hater'.

............................................................................................................

Cool...

i have repect for you man...

i like your comments...coz you are right...i did start out with loose beats an all.

and i do admit after a couple of hours of heated stress that i have carried my self over the top.

so sorry to P anyone off...

happy music making.

By wellsy747486 Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:00 pm
That was big of you man, much respect and good luck,

Peace,

By butcher Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:26 pm
ur corny roopesh. stop sweatin ur own nutz