All the latest news from the MPC-Samples network
By exit, no romance Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:40 pm
Could someone send out a global mass pm when submissions for vol.2 open up? It'd be cool if someone could set up a thread specifically to network and collaborate -- bring everyone together. I'm sure we could all get some locals on it, but is anyone interested in reaching out and creating something with the forum's own also? That way it's a true forum mixtape. Imagine if everything, and I mean everything, from graphics to final was done by forum members. That'd be something.

Just some suggestions.
*vanishes back into oblivion*
By DirtyBird Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:30 pm
aBicUs wrote:When I put the mixtape on itunes, the tracks were scrambled.
So I organized the mixtape. The artwork is attached to the tracks (ipod friendly) :D

http://www.zshare.net/download/19070292ac59e065/

thanks...it's much appreciated!

Let's get a stick/thread going for vol. 2!
By Clint Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:35 am
Bump! (No sticky? WTF!)

Copy of an email sent today to NY producer/ DJ Sammyneedlz in reply to his earlier email to me.

mpc-forums.com mixtape download
Sent:
20 September 2008 10:29:22
To:
[email protected]

Thanks for your reply Sammy, looks like I missed out on the ASR-10!. Here is a link where you can download the mpc-forums.com mixtape. It was a collaborative effort by members of the best online forum dedicated to MPC users. If you havent joined yet, this is the heads up. It would be good to have a pro who has worked with many major artists onboard.

We hope to establish a precedent with this one and are currently planning to release more mixtapes periodically. The great thing about the mpc-forums.com mixtape is that it brings together artists and producers from around the world and produces some truly exicting tracks.

Feel free to give your opinion on the 'quality' of the tape collectively and per track if you could. Feel free to also bump those beats whenever and whereever possible. Credits are included and all artists and producers are available at mpc-forums.com. The mixtape thread can be found in the 'Off Topic' section of the forum. You can reply to me or via the forum if you get the time.

Peace clint246clint

http://www.zshare.net/download/19070292ac59e065/
By Clint Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:20 pm
Re: mpc-forums.com mixtape download
Sent:
20 September 2008 21:12:17
Reply-to:
[email protected]

To:
clint246clint ([email protected])

Thanks for reaching out man, ill make sure and check out the mixtape. Ill also make sure and jump on that forum, its always good to get some insight from other producers...

(this section was private and has been edited)

Either way thanks for reaching out, its good to hear from the other side of the pond

-Sammy

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Mods: Can we get this thread stickied in the 'Your Music' forum which seems the most appropriate place? It's beginning to slide....
By taxman806 Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:23 pm
I have a confession to make... I just realized that the track that I submitted to this compilation was made totally and completely on the Triton. I didn't use the MPC at all on that track. :oops: Does that matter? lol :?:
By DirtyBird Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:25 pm
Dstruct...are you chief for vol. two...if not, are there any volunteers? Let's get a new thread up...in Off Topic...$hit's bound for failure if posted in "Your Music"
By DSTRUCT Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:29 pm
i am not the chief for vol 2.

whoever wants it gotta step up and make it happen!

it would be nice to do it more professional though, with it being on itunes, maybe an official download here on mpc forums. i wanna be involved in the next one for sure, but im working on my own mixtape right now and i think someone else can executive produce vol 2 better than me. faster, more efficiently, and doper
By LaJProd Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:09 pm
taxman806 wrote:I have a confession to make.

I also have a confession to make....If I submit anything for Vol. 2, it will most likely be done all in FL Studio with VSTs....To be politically correct, I'll use FL Studio the MPC Edition though, lol!!!!

By LaJProd Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:41 pm
earwolf wrote::shock: dang all this empee infidelity!

How do you think my Triton Studio feels?...Its been down graded to a midi controller!!!!