All the latest news from the MPC-Samples network
By sinister_keys Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:25 pm
a-yo SIN i could never gert in touch wit dude.. he sent me that track
in a email .. ill try to locate his email addy for ya ..
By SNMTK Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:29 pm
sinister_keys wrote:a-yo SIN i could never gert in touch wit dude.. he sent me that track
in a email .. ill try to locate his email addy for ya ..

shot playa! really appreciate it :D
By sinister_keys Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:31 pm
:( no haps fam .. i apologize .. i thought i kept all the emails ..
but evidently not ..
sorry :(
By SNMTK Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:55 pm
damm, thanks for trying though for real. im really diggin the uk accent at the moment, and wanna get a uk mc on my mixtape. got any hookups from those uk cats that were on vol. 2?
myspaces/emails etc?
By sinister_keys Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:39 pm
here is don p's myspace ..
one of the guys that was on my track
"born in the UK"
he may be able to help ya out fam.

myspace.com/onedonp
By sinister_keys Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:04 pm
inflict3 wrote:yo, where can i download vol 1.?????

https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php? ... MUJMWEE9PQ

:D
By SNMTK Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:27 am
intro - very corny, unecessary but then again its only an intro so it gets a pass

hip hop till death - a banger. dope verses from both prah and dstruct. beat is dope, im pretty sure i heard the sample on a pop song somwhere but could be mistaken? good choice to open the mixtape with

breaking point - killer. dope beat and mcing

ride out - yeaaah this was my shit. dam that beat is the sickest, maybe the best track on the mixtape. dstruct kills it as usual

keep movin - dam this shit was WACK! it was unlistenable. terrible.... its instant skip material. dont know why this made the mixtape.

go getter - yeah this track is sick as. the mc is dope, unique and that accent is just slick. beat is pretty simple but it works extremely well for the track

just one of those days - cool storytelling shit, but the beat was sorta boring. thats ok in a storytelling track i guess tho as the focus is on the lyrics

live mc - this track battles ride out as the best track on the mixtape for me. dam the beat is so nice, i could put this on repeat all day. and twisted surgeon is one of the best mc's on the tape

born in the uk - beat was tight.... rapping and singing was sorta wack for me, especially the quality. sounds like it was recorded with a $2 mic. the chick on the chorus sucks

the way i am - i like this track. even though the vocal thing is overused, this track definately bangs

eyes close shut - dope spitting by prah. the beat sorta sucks though

i only chose a couple of songs to review... i coulda done every track... but these songs for either better or worse stood out to me. i dont really remember the other ones... they are good no doubt, but lack any quality that makes them stand out.

my explanations for the tracks arent very great - im no professional reviewer, these were just my opinions on the tracks.

and other things concerning this mixtape...
i dont think sinister keys couldve done a worse job putting it together and getting it out. haha sorry dude, no hate man... but dam you did a piss poor job at this. im not saying its easy by any means or that even i could do it, but when you put yourself up for the EP position you put yourself in a position where you take all the credit if the mixtape bangs, but you also take all the blame if it flops. firstly the downloading fiasco - that was just wack... get that shit sorted. secondly the tracklisting problem, that was even wacker. to this day all my tracks are still out of order, and i dont know who the f*ck produced what or rhymed on what. get that sorted, that was very annoying and lost you major points as an ep. and thirdly, i thought the mixtape contained WAAAAAAAAAY to much filler. sure you probably wanted to give everyone shine and fair enough, but i wouldve cut at least 5-6 of those mediocre joints that were just average and didnt do anything. towards the end of the mixtape it gets really boring, and i start to skip from there on.

overall... id say it was a good effort, with plenty of DOPE tracks. but also there was just as much filler and WACK tracks. my rating is 2.5/5

churr!!!
By SNMTK Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:47 am
jbraudio wrote:ouch

yeah i had a feelin a lot of dudes would think that about my review. but let me just clarify some things...

my review was based on just hearing the mixtape for what it was - a mixtape of rap songs. i didnt review this mixtape based on what alot of cats here would have review it as - a mixtape produced on mpc's by members of the mpc forums. because of that, the rating was a lot lower. lets be honest, most ppl are gonna be bigging up this mixtape big time just cos it was produced by cats on here. but im reviewing it from a perspective irrelevant of all that.

and also in saying that, when i am harsh on tracks - eg saying they are wack and i skip them, that is not dissing the producer or artist. its not even saying i could make a better beat, cos i probably couldnt.... im simply putting forth my judgement as a listener. if i had some of my beats on there, and listened objectively, id probably have to say some of them were straight up wack too.
By b.read Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:40 am
I understand where you're coming from Sin...but yeah, i'd say you came off a bit harsh. But hey! You can't go around getting your head swollen by your fam saying you're sh1t's dope you know? Honest feedback has to come into play somewhere...nuff said