All the latest news from the MPC-Samples network
By DJ Hellfire Wed May 13, 2009 11:17 am
clint246clint wrote:I have no MC's available, so does that mean I (and others just making beats) can no longer be involved? I believe that would give an unfair advantage to people who MC themselves or have a crew of cats who do? You can already see this from a couple of the volumes and results in THE SAME PRODUCERS BEING ALL OVER ALL THE MIXTAPES!

A good MC should be able to work with ANY GOOD BEAT, call it versatility.

You gotta use the net homez! Surg got songs with dudes from California to New Zealand and I got a few joints with Dstruct. Other than me and Surg, none of us have ever met in person. I'm sure there's gotta be some hot MC's on your myspace friends list you can contact!
By b.read Wed May 13, 2009 11:39 am
I can't believe how hard I've been snoozing around here...I just found this thread!

I hope to get some material submitted this go around...vol 2 was fun to work on.
By Prah_860_ Wed May 13, 2009 1:25 pm
clint246clint wrote:You can already see this from a couple of the volumes and results in THE SAME PRODUCERS BEING ALL OVER ALL THE MIXTAPES!

A good MC should be able to work with ANY GOOD BEAT, call it versatility.

if you knew how many producers submitted complete songs you would know why the mixtapes look the way they do

but as far as "same producers".......on volume 1 I think I spit on a Dstruct track.....volume 2 a new producer by the name of Explicit hit me up cuz he liked the way I spit.....I was diggin some of his tracks and I picked one of his tracks for a solo song...dstruct had a song that he thought I would sound great on so he called me and I was down....when i heard the beat I didn't know how I was gonna kill it (and it happend to be a beat I rejected prior and knew dstruct was gutsy enough to take it).....but the "good mc" side of me jumped out and "man you got this".......boom.....2 volumes, 2 different producers......then on volume 3 I worked with Roxstar(who has not been on any of our mixtapes) and Capshun(who has been on every mixtape but someone I had not worked with .....which is sad on my part cuz we been on here and communicating back and forth for years...and his crib was like 10-15 mins away from mines).......3 volumes...all different producers.....Volume 3 I also recorded over other producers tracks but I figured I can still use it for volume 4....also by cats who never been on the mixtape.... all some of these dudes gotta do is reach out to cats who they want on their beats and it will happen if it is hot enough....
By Prah_860_ Wed May 13, 2009 1:54 pm
Sinamatik wrote:only the mpc mixtape elite can get their pics posted up eh...

lmao at cats catchin feelings about my pics not deserving to go up yet... its the pics section of the dam myspace page... aint no one gonna be kicking up a fuss over that. i doubt anyones even gonna take a trip there apart from cats on this forum. take them down if you want... yall are acting silly :oops:

:lol:

well I dont know about elite....I think if you had 1 song....or "Used" artwork, mastering engineer, produced a track...you should have a pic in there.....submitting work doesnt mean you should have your pic up there...for example lets says only the ppl who "submitted" work give pictures and then we have a fan coming to the site looking for pictures of all the cats "on" the mixtape........click on the pics section and "who the f*ck are these ppl?" like I said about shwell.....you two are tight and I know y'all will be on a mixtape.....but right now seems like a bit premature in my opinion....as far as me feeling some type of way I ain't even a picture dude like that......so it doesnt matter....just made sense that way
By Prah_860_ Wed May 13, 2009 1:54 pm
DJ Hellfire wrote:
kocha wrote:Should I even submit something with lyrics in Swissgerman or do you want strictly English?

I think that's fair. This is an MPC forum mixtape, not just an english/american MPC forum mixtape. You should be allowed, IMO! Dirty Bird had a spanish song on Vol 1!
By DSTRUCT Wed May 13, 2009 3:50 pm
sonseelye wrote:is there any rules to lyrics or the beat?

theres no rules, just make it hot man!!!

you have a better chance of making the project if you try and keep your submission within the technical specs on the first page of this thread
By Prah_860_ Wed May 13, 2009 4:20 pm
sonseelye wrote:will do. thanks..hey check my page and tell me what my odds are..

http://www.youtube.com/user/SonSeelye

who does that??....
say brother instead of doing that hit up some MCs and see if they wanna get down on your sh*t
By mr_debauch Wed May 13, 2009 4:27 pm
DJ Hellfire wrote:
kocha wrote:Should I even submit something with lyrics in Swissgerman or do you want strictly English?

I think that's fair. This is an MPC forum mixtape, not just an english/american MPC forum mixtape. You should be allowed, IMO! Dirty Bird had a spanish song on Vol 1!

yes! I think that would be awesome. I am a fan of jonni botten from berlin! and asoterix from czech republic is also dope!

we might not understand most of the words... but the flow will be there just the same.
By sonseelye Wed May 13, 2009 4:45 pm
Prah_860_ wrote:
sonseelye wrote:will do. thanks..hey check my page and tell me what my odds are..

http://www.youtube.com/user/SonSeelye

who does that??....
say brother instead of doing that hit up some MCs and see if they wanna get down on your sh*t

who does what?
i asked the man whos making the mixtape if i had a chance to be on it..

and why ask emcees to be on my sh1t?
they ask me all day on youtube,but i only ever really fuk with sg or josh sallee..

to be totally honest,i cant find anybody who rhymes like me so everyone i try to rhyme with sounds clashed..