All the latest news from the MPC-Samples network
By Clint Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:10 pm
This fifth edition of the Mixtape is intended to showcase production skills, creativity and of course the MPC’s global influence. After all this mixtape series pays homage to the legendary MPC and what it is capable of....in the right hands of course.

So it is fitting that the theme for this edition of the mixtape is REVOLUTION

A revolution (from the Latin revolutio, "a turn around") is a fundamental change in power or organizational structures that takes place in a relatively short period of time.

This could be taken in the context of the Mixtape series itself, or of the impact the MPC has had upon electronic music production. In fact 'Revolution' in any context is desirable within the music style, approach or the lyrical content.

For the first time ever, all shortlisted producers will receive a prize from MPC-Tutor.

Released Saturday 16th October 2010

The running order is as follows:

1. B. Read - Great Day

2. Jeye Severe (Produced by DJ Slademan) - Forgive Them Father

3. Low Tone Brotha - Let It Ride

4. Duece Jones (Produced by DJ Hellfire) - Journey

5. B. Read - Date With The Rain

6. Zo Zilla, Breadman Swag & A-Mitch of EGF (Produced by Sinister Keys) - The Man In My City

7. Messy Productionz - Grime Daily

8. B. Read - Going Back

9. Quietizkept, Shotty Mac & Big Jun Da Boss - Badman (Pt.2)

10. KappNeffect - Don't Give Up

11. RackEmUp (Gertie) - Phathead

12. Chat One (Produced by DJ Slademan) - Three Generations

13. Selfinflict3 - Jobless

14. RackEmUp (Gertie) - Kocayne

15. Pete Pluto (Produced by BrooklynBeets/ Elevated) - Drink The Pain Away

16. Messy Productionz - Save Your Love

17. Prah (Produced by DJ Hellfire) - Lyfe Support

18. Selinflict3 - Resting In Peace

19. Substance (Produced by Sinamatik) - Infamous

20. RackEmUp (Gertie) - Substance

21. Canedrive (Coz) - Lost In '95

Download the music in a wide range of formats courtesy of Bandcamp, there is however a 200 download per month limit which may restrict the availability from this site at some point.

Feel free to SPREAD THE LOVE by using the 'share' option in Bandcamp, by using the banner in my signature or providing links where possible to promote the series.

http://mpcmixtapevolume5.bandcamp.com/

http://www.myspace.com/mpcmixtape

If you would like to share your comments/ opinions on individual tracks or the mixtape as a whole please feel free to post a review in the mixtape review thread viewtopic.php?f=8&t=105213

This is the place to give feedback, constructive critisism and praise to all the producers and artists involved in the project. Often it is this feedback that helps other to 'up their game' and move their production skills forward so please drop a review once you've had a thorough listen if you have the time to do so. Simply copy/ paste the running order above and add your comments to each track, not including your own of course!

Thank you to everyone who made this happen.

Clint
By b.read Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:53 pm
Word! Prah, how did you know what the theme was going to be? :lol: pink jumpsuits lmao
By sinister_keys Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:17 am
are we choosing from a pool of artist from here, or ,are we allowed to pick local artists for the track(s) ....

great look on firing this up clint .. holler at me if you need anything

my email has changed [email protected].

now you said MPC must be used ... i mostly use mine to sequence .. everyone knows
im not the best sampling producer .. so is it cool to do original music still or do producers have to sample to be considered.

peace

SK
By Clint Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:20 am
The choice of artist is down to you whether they be local or international, same as it was before.

You must use the MPC to program your drums and at least one other component of the track; this means that the sequencer MUST BE USED. Whether you decide to use the sampler section or send MIDI out to other sources is for you to decide.

The submission 'rules' were intended to be inclusive and take into account the various ways of producing music with an MPC at the heart of the process.

Hopefully there will be a diversity of styles and genres on the Mixtape as a result of greater participation.

Time for a REVOLUTION
By sinister_keys Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:22 am
<<<<< closes the lab door ... time to work then . 8)
By MPC-Tutor Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:50 am
Sounds fantastic, a real challenge. If it's okay with Clint, we'll publicise the tape on MPC-Tutor.com as well, plus add it to our press releases, so hopefully it will get a lot more exposure. In addition, I'll be giving all accepted contributions a custom sample pack containing over 500 drum samples, plus any single ebook of your choice from MPC-Samples.com.

Good luck everyone :)
By DirtyBird Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:05 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:Sounds fantastic, a real challenge. If it's okay with Clint, we'll publicise the tape on MPC-Tutor.com as well, plus add it to our press releases, so hopefully it will get a lot more exposure. In addition, I'll be giving all accepted contributions a custom sample pack containing over 500 drum samples, plus any single ebook of your choice from MPC-Samples.com.

That's pretty generous, Tutor. It's good to see that you're gonna support the next release. 8)
By Clint Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:31 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:Sounds fantastic, a real challenge. If it's okay with Clint, we'll publicise the tape on MPC-Tutor.com as well, plus add it to our press releases, so hopefully it will get a lot more exposure. In addition, I'll be giving all accepted contributions a custom sample pack containing over 500 drum samples, plus any single ebook of your choice from MPC-Samples.com.

Now that's whats up, a first for the Mixtape series.

Hopefully we can produce something that even Tutor might enjoy listening to in his ride.

Much appreciated Tutor.
By Jim Beats Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:41 am
I do not have a download page for my music does this mean I can not enter?

Finally all producers that make the final shortlist are kindly requested to provide a link to the Official download page (once announced) from their own online music pages. The official download page should be the only place to obtain the Mixtape in the first instance, this will allow us to monitor hits and download activity with more accuracy.
By poltergeist6 Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:05 pm
Jim Beats wrote:I do not have a download page for my music does this mean I can not enter?

Finally all producers that make the final shortlist are kindly requested to provide a link to the Official download page (once announced) from their own online music pages. The official download page should be the only place to obtain the Mixtape in the first instance, this will allow us to monitor hits and download activity with more accuracy.

try soundcloud...pretty helpful bro.
By Clint Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:27 pm
Jim Beats wrote:I do not have a download page for my music does this mean I can not enter?

If you don't already have a music webpage somewhere it doesn't matter, but those who do will need to provide a link to the official download site.

So yes, you can still enter if you don't have a MySpace, Soundclick, Soundcloud etc etc...
By tayo Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:57 pm
konc3pt wrote:
4. You must use an MPC

GTO, really ? I was pumped about this realease until this...now I gotta find someone with MPC to collab with :cry:

do you really? lol how would anyone know..