All the latest news from the MPC-Samples network
By MPC-Tutor Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:33 pm
The Infinity Drum Layering Kit is now fully updated to be compatible with all models of MPCs.

Now included are SIMULT layering programs for MPC2000/XL/3000/60 and 'zone' AKPs for the 4000, in addition to the existing 'layer' programs for newer MPCs and JJ OS.

For more information and demos:

http://www.mpc-samples.com/product.php/ ... ering-kit/

Thanks to Lampdog for help with the 4000 version :nod:
By Coz Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:01 pm
Yeah, cheers Big Dog... :smoker:

I'm gonna grab these when I've got a bit more time to sit down and play with them.
By Lampdog Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:14 pm
You GOTTA layer, when you do that shits gonna knock hard. That was my epic fail at first. Then it hit me, why the **** aren't I layering. Afterwards, everything came together. Zones (layering in 4k) had life in them and were breathing. Oh well, the demo is out there, check it if your curious. You all know I'll help if I can, no problem.
By fobedafied Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:11 am
when layering, do you actually take two seperate samples and merge them together into the same file?

or do you just layer them in the sequence by triggering two samples at once?

id think it would take more than just double triggering or whatever...

but my drums were always weak. :? :oops:
By fobedafied Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:02 pm
crossings wrote:most MPCs allow you to assign up to 4 samples to a single pad... all layered samples will play at once when that pad is pressed.

yes. i know about simultaneous triggering... so noone "layers" by "merging" and tweaking 2 or more samples into one sound file? is this even possible? :hmmm: :?:

mastasteez wrote:Does this mean that you no longer produce or **** with the beats?

i havent in years. had my turntables hooked up like 2-3 weeks out of the last 6+ years.... :oops:

i am noob anyway. :nod:
By mastasteez Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:06 pm
fobedafied wrote:
crossings wrote:most MPCs allow you to assign up to 4 samples to a single pad... all layered samples will play at once when that pad is pressed.

yes. i know about simultaneous triggering... so noone "layers" by "merging" and tweaking 2 or more samples into one sound file? is this even possible? :hmmm: :?:

mastasteez wrote:Does this mean that you no longer produce or **** with the beats?

i havent in years. had my turntables hooked up like 2-3 weeks out of the last 6+ years.... :oops:

i am noob anyway. :nod:

In answer to your first point, yes it is possible. You just re-sample the pad which you have layered and voilá your very own drum hit.

I guess you still stick around for the intellectual happenings in OT :-D
By fobedafied Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:17 pm
the intellect and the comedy. :wink: :lol: :smoker:

i see what your saying, it may take a multitude of steps to accomplish on something like the 60... i dont think it has "resample" capabiliities... you could get it done though....

sounds like a **** lining up correctly as seperate samples to get it just right... but im noobdafied... :oops: :?
By mastasteez Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:14 am
fobedafied wrote:
i see what your saying, it may take a multitude of steps to accomplish on something like the 60... i dont think it has "resample" capabiliities... you could get it done though....

I wouldn't know man. The 500 was my first sampler and it was very easy to do on that. As for lining them up correctly, I'm a lazy **** and my ears aren't that good so not too much time goes in to that :lol:
By MeSoHordey Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:34 am
I can't say enough good things about these drums. It's great fun to experiment with creating new sounds and the results are always different but sound just great. Thanks tutor for bringing these out man!