All the latest news from the MPC-Samples network
By MPC-Tutor Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:32 am
MPC-Samples.com is very proud to announce the release of ‘The 60s Funk Kit’, a multisampled drum kit recorded to analogue tape that perfectly captures the unique sound and vibe of the great funk records from the 60's and early 70's.

Inspired by the kits used by legendary drummers such as Clyde Stubblefield, Jabo Starks and Zigaboo Modeliste and built around a 1960s Gretsch Round Badge kick drum and a Ludwig Black Beauty snare, it's full of the warmth and character you’d expect to hear from classic vintage drum recordings.

Every instrument in the kit has been recorded by UK drummer Richard Preston (Tombongo) over three unique velocities and features four ‘takes’ per velocity. There’s a total of 180 unique sounds and 15 unique articulations including kick (damped), snare (damped), rim shot, snare drag, hi hat (closed, open and edge), ride (including bell), crash, hi and low toms, claps, tambourine and shaker.

Samples are provided in 24 and 16 bit WAV format as well as legacy MPC SND and are completely unprocessed for a traditional and natural sound, giving you complete freedom to add your own EQ and processing during mixdown.

We’ve also included ready-made MPC programs carefully tweaked and configured for all MPC models (including JJOS) that load up intuitively laid out finger-drumming kits utilising features such as velocity switching and ‘round robins’ to help you create very realistic sounding drum performances in your MPC sequencer.

‘The 60s Funk Kit’ is an MPC-Samples.com exclusive and can be downloaded instantly after purchase. For more information including audio demos and a 17 page user guide, go to:

http://www.mpc-samples.com/product.php/ ... -funk-kit/

Equipment List:

• Round badge Gretsch Kick Drum & Toms (20x14, 14x14, 12x8)
• Ludwig Black Beauty snare
• 14" 5-star Super Zyn Hi Hats
• 18" Zildjian K Custom Medium Dark Crash
• 22" zildjian K Constantinople Medium Thin Low Ride
• Studer A80 2 " Sixteen Track Tape Machine
• Alice Stancoil 1970's AM Series Quadrophonic Mixer
• Various microphones: Coles 4038, Calrec 600, Sure 545, Calrec CM 100, AKG 414

Technical Specifications

• Samples: 180 multisampled drums (each in three audio format) plus MPC 'kit' programs
• Format: 24 bit WAV, 16 bit WAV, MPC SND
• Compatibility: Compatible with all MPCs, including all versions of JJOS. Sounds also compatible with any sampler or software that reads WAV files.
• Publisher: Tombongo & MPC-Samples.com
• License: Royalty Free
• Download Size: 131MB
• Delivery: Download instantly after purchase.
By vinyl_junkie_1620 Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:04 am
I love these multi-sampled packs, the last one (Dirty Drummer) was great and I brought this new one instantly.

The quality of the kits and the way the whole thing is put together is very good, great for any type of music really!

Now back to tapping pads and pushing buttons on my 2000XL :-D
By MPC-Tutor Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:40 am
vinyl_junkie_1620 wrote:I love these multi-sampled packs, the last one (Dirty Drummer) was great and I brought this new one instantly.

The quality of the kits and the way the whole thing is put together is very good, great for any type of music really!

Now back to tapping pads and pushing buttons on my 2000XL :-D

Wow, thanks for the great feedback. I must admit, this kit has been an epic task, much more work than I expected. One day to record it in the studio, but weeks of editing, tweaking, programming etc, so it's very warming to hear the hard work has paid off.
By distortedtekno Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:15 am
Nice work! This kit really got my attention. I'm ordering as soon as possible (after I buy new pad sensors). This is too good not to jam with on the 2000. :)
By labcoats Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:21 pm
Must say this kit and some of the others I have heard MPC Tutor sell are exceptionally good. I don't make hip hop so not much call for these type of sounds but I can tell a superb sound when I hear it. I have all sorts of super duper multisampled kits that came with various software I purchased. I find them all bland and characterless, and that includes the Abbey Road ones I have. The stuff here is way better because they ooze large amounts of inspirational character. :smoker:
By psr Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:59 pm
Obi-Dan-Kenobi wrote:Tutor has totally changed the game !! I use this so often now, it feels like my own drum kit, I love pushing the sounds in this pack to really bring that tape out, stunning job on this pack. No one else is touching your packs at the moment.

Ditto I use it often. damn good work
By pk1 Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:35 pm
dope kit tutor thanks again.
By psr Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:29 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Thanks for the feedback everyone. Currently editing the next multisampled kit, featuring a very fat Ludwig 400 snare. :nod:

dope!
knowing your kits it will be like having that very fat Ludwig 400 snare right in front of me up close and personal. cant wait