New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By SolarButterfly Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:24 pm
Hello,

I have never owned an MPC1000 before, but just purchased one on Ebay. Today it arrived, and I've already noticed some issues. Some of the pads trigger other pads. Also, when I load a program, the top eight pads seem to all have the same sound. Like they are all triggering together at the same time. plz help, thank you.
Solar
By richie Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:15 am
If you do not have the pad upgrade on your 1000 then you're going to have to spend another $200 to get your pads where they're supposed to be.

Google "MPC 1000 pad upgrade"
By 606snareisfair Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:27 pm
SolarButterfly wrote:No it’s this one https://16squarez.com/product/akai-mpc1k-purpz/

I contacted the seller last night. If there’s anything that needs repair, I’m going to return it bc I bought it with the understanding that it was in working condition.

Jesus the thing looks brand new and the pads dont work? I bought an old beat to hell blue one for $400 and it works fine.
By saltmcgault Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:32 pm
Either send it back or contact the seller and get enough back to get the pad upgrade. $1,300? He should be able to give you at least $200 back for that. If he cant that's whack. To me that seems overpriced for a 1k. upgrades or not.