New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By kaka Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:18 am
The default setting is 001.01.00-003.01.00

what is the best time shift setting for instruments and drums? I'm trying to create a bounce with my instruments but it sounds off beat.. Please share your intel..
By Lampdog Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:13 pm
There is no "best". You have to create your own "best" because what's "best" for some people might not be "best" for you.

You want bounce, turn off timing and use your own ears and feel on the pads.
or use 1/32(3).
or use "SWING".
or nudge ticks back/forth in STEP EDIT.

By aresko Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:11 pm
There's far more beneath the psyche of the MPC fanboys than feature spec wars and feelings of regret. What really gets to them is the idea that people consider something else as superior than the status symbol they worship. It's about protecting the image and status they associate with having a MPC. Some of them are just obsessed collectors like Jahrome who admits MPCs are like Jordans to him and that he thinks they should be overpriced so that only "pros" can afford them. It's just like the iconic status and blind brand loyalty to Technics 1200. You'll hear a lot of these MPC fanboys say things like "MPC IS hiphop" even though a lot of them use Maschine now (some even hide this fact). It's all about their ego being so closely tied to their investment into the brand that they still need to be able to say things like "MPC is the greatest sampler in existence".
By Lampdog Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:30 pm
Was NOT expecting the flames off that paragraph.

I feel like you’ve been here before, diff account.

:lol:
By Monotremata Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:03 pm
aresko wrote: "MPC is the greatest sampler in existence".

But but but... The E4 blew it the hell out of the water... :shock: :shock: :shock: