New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By kwaping Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:04 am
When trimming samples, the first option is to delete the extra material on either end. Does this only affect the sample in that program, or does it alter the original sample on disk?
By Monotremata Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:57 am
Any program or sample you add to a project is stored in memory until you save it. Then the program or sample is written to the new location you save the project in. Your original samples and programs are never touched, theyre loaded into memory, the copy is edited and the new version saved with the project. The only way you could mess that up would be to save it in the same location but even then, Ive seen mine make duplicate copies of programs I was trying to overwrite in the Project Data folder and I ended up with a bunch of programs and samples with a 1 tacked onto the filename.
By kwaping Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:20 pm
Thanks! I hope that's the case with me. I haven't yet checked the original. It's one of the samples that comes preinstalled and I don't know how I would get it back if I screwed it up.