New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By acmusic Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:41 pm
I've had the MPC for over 2 years now, so I'm not new to it.

However, I figured this would be a good place to post this question.

Basically I have been using the MPC Live as a standalone and I want to use the features in Ableton Live along with the strengths of the MPC together. Ideally I'd be doing sampling and drums in the MPC while doing instruments/bass in Ableton Live. However, if I have multiple sequences in the MPC, I'm not sure how that's going to translate with the track view in Ableton. I like to switch between sequences on the fly to hear how they go together, but obviously this wouldn't work right if I have a loop going at the same time in Ableton... it would keep playing the same loop.

I know there's the option to use the AKAI as a controller and possible use the MPC software as a plugin (kinda like Geist but with hardware??), but this isn't something I've tried or know if it's worth trying.

I'd love to hear some input in how some of you guys integrate your MPC in Live/other DAW. I want to get the best of both worlds and I want to finally start finishing some of these tracks in the MPC that are just sitting as sequences at the moment.
By DokBrown Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:09 am
When I got my MPC, I thought I would be moving files back & forth between ableton but I do not.

I can understand doing the “ableton export” so you can mix/arrange there.
I wonder how many people are actually doing this ?