New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Gino Cortesi Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:00 pm
Another basic question here.

How do you access the content on your MPC when you are in controller mode? (using the MPC software)

For example, when I'm in stand alone mode I have many drum kits to choose from - great!.
When I connect to my computer and run in controller mode, I can not access those drum kits - not so great :(

What I'm currently doing is going into stand-alone mode, choosing the drumkit I want, saving the project to my SSD, then going into controller mode and loading that project.

It gets you there, but definitely put's the "work" in "workflow" :)
By MPC-Tutor Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:34 pm
Save all your projects and store all your sound library to MPC SSD. Then when you connect via controller mode you can open the projects direct from the MPC SSD. Save them when you finished and carry on next time you are back in standalone mode. If you need to connect to the factory library in controller mode (e.g. the Vault), download the MPC Software installers for these from your Akai account and they'll be available in the Expansions tab controller mode. Do the same for all your third party expansions.
By Gino Cortesi Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:53 pm
Thanks! That's very helpful to know!

I was trying to download the content for my MPC Live 2 from the links in my account, but they just flash and nothing downloads. I'll try them again in a different browser, and if they still don't work , I'll contact Akai.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:19 pm
Gino Cortesi wrote:Thanks! That's very helpful to know!

I was trying to download the content for my MPC Live 2 from the links in my account, but they just flash and nothing downloads. I'll try them again in a different browser, and if they still don't work , I'll contact Akai.

Right click and copy the link address. Open a new tab and paste the link there. It's a Google chrome security issue, as Akai are using http instead of https links - opening them in a separate tab fixes it.