New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Zhuj Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:51 am
Hi there,

I have a question.
I own an AKAI MPKmini. I have the problem when I want to record something using MPC Beats (piano sounds) and play a little faster using the piano keys, so that when I record the rhythm is completely different from how I played it.
Does anyone know what could be the reason?

Thank you for your help.

Hallo,

ich habe eine frage.
Ich besitze einen AKAI MPKmini. Ich habe das Problem wenn ich etwas über MPC Beats aufnehmen möchte (Piano Sounds) und etwas schneller Spiele über die Pianotasten, dass dann beim aufnehmen der Rhytmus ganz anderst ist wie ich es gespielt habe.
Weiß jemand woran das liegen kann?

Danke für eure Hilfe.
By Zhuj Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:30 pm
so that you know what I mean here are two audio files. Once recorded with MPCBeats the rhythm is completely wrong.
And recorded once with another program. The rhythm is right there.

Worng:

Right:

Zhuj wrote:Hi there,

I have a question.
I own an AKAI MPKmini. I have the problem when I want to record something using MPC Beats (piano sounds) and play a little faster using the piano keys, so that when I record the rhythm is completely different from how I played it.
Does anyone know what could be the reason?

Thank you for your help.

Hallo,

ich habe eine frage.
Ich besitze einen AKAI MPKmini. Ich habe das Problem wenn ich etwas über MPC Beats aufnehmen möchte (Piano Sounds) und etwas schneller Spiele über die Pianotasten, dass dann beim aufnehmen der Rhytmus ganz anderst ist wie ich es gespielt habe.
Weiß jemand woran das liegen kann?

Danke für eure Hilfe.
By Zhuj Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:43 am
What time do you mean?

I make all 2 Sounds at 120

Jawbrizza wrote:You have time correct on at the wrong setting?
By Zhuj Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:07 pm
Thank you very much. That’s exactly it! Problem solved. :worthy:

MPC-Tutor wrote:Search the manual for 'Time Correct'.

Set 'Global Timing Correct' to OFF otherwise the MPC will quantize your performance.

You can access it via Edit > Time Correct > Settings

You can also adjust it at the top of the screen (TC).