New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By fruss Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:21 pm
Using ProTools 2018 on a Mac OS X 13.6. Both the MPC X and XT are recognized when I open the Audio MIDI Setup, but when I attempt to drag and output to an input and vice-versa, the connection disappears when I release the mouse. One other thing - the in and outs of both units appear on the bottom of each ones icon, whereas all my other sound module connectors appear on the top of their respective icon. I'd read there were some problems with MOTU interfaces but that they'd been resolved and the XT was the recommended MOTU interface to use with MPC X. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
By Big-Buddha Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:33 am
I have a micro express working fine with my Mac-x.

my Keyboard sends midi in to the Micro express.

the Micro talks to a Cubase midi track, (via USB) and the cubase midi track is sending to the MPC-X.

on the MPC-X instrument track in Cubase, I had to enable monitor to hear the sounds.

unsure if thats what you are trying to do, but it works for me.

hope that helps. Buddha
By fruss Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:15 pm
Thank you Buddha. Turned out there were issues with the Audio MIDI Setup. After trashing and rebuilding it the icons appeared as you would expect and connections were made without any further problem. The first question every IT person asks..."Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it back in?" SMH