New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By robba9 Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:23 am
Hello there,

I tried searching through the forum but I didnt find an answer to my issue. I just started using mpc I am done with everything except a little pitch correction, I installed many plugins but only gsnap was scanned successfully. No problem I'll use gsnap, right? well no, i cand. When I go to midi, press the plugin icon and then go to the dropdown menu it doesnt show Gsnap, only the preexisting mpc plugins. Gsnap shows when i open plugins manager as ok. I added two screenshots here: https://imgur.com/a/LBXkKcd.

please please help
By MPC-Tutor Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:04 am
You'll only see plugin instruments when assigning plugins to a track. Gsnap is an effect, not an instrument, you need to 'insert' it on a pad/keygroup or across a program/submix/master. In the MPC Software GUI, you'll see the inserts on the lower left hand side (default is a pad channel and a program channel). You can also insert FX by going to the channel mixer screen (View > Mode > Channel Mixer) or the pad mixer. IF the inserts are not visible, 'drag' the bottom portion of the screen upwards to reveal, or 'View > Show Mixer Window' for a pop up version.

Regarding your other missing FX, the MPC doesn't support VST3, perhaps this is the problem.
By robba9 Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:25 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:You'll only see plugin instruments when assigning plugins to a track. Gsnap is an effect, not an instrument, you need to 'insert' it on a pad/keygroup or across a program/submix/master. In the MPC Software GUI, you'll see the inserts on the lower left hand side (default is a pad channel and a program channel). You can also insert FX by going to the channel mixer screen (View > Mode > Channel Mixer) or the pad mixer. IF the inserts are not visible, 'drag' the bottom portion of the screen upwards to reveal, or 'View > Show Mixer Window' for a pop up version.

Regarding your other missing FX, the MPC doesn't support VST3, perhaps this is the problem.

Ok thanks, i will try later and come back!
By robba9 Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:43 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:You'll only see plugin instruments when assigning plugins to a track. Gsnap is an effect, not an instrument, you need to 'insert' it on a pad/keygroup or across a program/submix/master. In the MPC Software GUI, you'll see the inserts on the lower left hand side (default is a pad channel and a program channel). You can also insert FX by going to the channel mixer screen (View > Mode > Channel Mixer) or the pad mixer. IF the inserts are not visible, 'drag' the bottom portion of the screen upwards to reveal, or 'View > Show Mixer Window' for a pop up version.

I managed to do it , thanks!