New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Cash_Carter Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:23 pm
So, I recently picked up a MPC 2000 XL and Numark PT-01 turntable, am a little hesitant on getting a keyboard yet because I want to get the best possible keyboard. Basically what I am trying to do is find a keyboard that has many different sounds. For instance, I may want to put some trumpets behind my drums or an organ, or just a basic piano sound. I want a keyboard that is equipped with many different soundsAny input is greatly appreciated. I was considering a ASR-10 or some type of Korg...Any suggestions?
By mesaone Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:23 pm
if you don't travel to gigs with your stuff, i would suggest investing in a nice keyboard controller, and focus on rackmount synths.... V-synth, motif, fantom, etcetera... If you ever get more than one sound module, you'll be glad you got a controller and two rack boxes instead of 2 full keyboards.
By **valentin** Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:16 am
hold on to that numark pt-01.
i almost sold it once, i would of have regreted is so bad. im glad i didn't sell it.

but umm..

why not get a motif es rack and just buy a small m audio keyboard?

the es are pretty cheap now since the rack came out already, the motif xs i think.

or even a jv-2080
By dabmeister Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:33 am
My boy just picked up a used 2080 along with three expansion cards. He's trying to follow my lead...one controller, numerous sound modules.
By dabmeister Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:36 am
**valentin** wrote:
dabmeister wrote:My boy just picked up a used 2080 along with three expansion cards. He's trying to follow my lead...one controller, numerous sound modules.

nice....

im thinkin of getting the 2080 myself, i think its like 8 cards you could put?

Yep, It's double the amount of the 1080. I'm swinging with two cards myself, but I try and use the sounds sparingly.

But I really want that XV5080. It's still on my wish list too. :D
By dabmeister Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:48 am
Cash_Carter wrote:Thanks for all the input..I decided on the Motif XS6, I like the ES6 too but I think the XS is better.

Not a bad choice. Now focus on a decent module to expand on.
By tapedeck Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:24 pm
Frankly speaking but as according to your need I can't suggest a particular keyboard. So, I think you should go with the site which can help you to discover the right keyboard. I can recommend you the one and that is keyboardbattle. They have a best and largest dedicated catalog for comparing the various keyboard. Maybe it will help you to find out the best one.

Lampdog wrote:11yrs later, pretty sure by now he's found a keyboard.

A musical keyboard and not computer typing keyboard.

i think you talkin to a robot dude
By Lampdog Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:32 pm
Oh I know.

There have been a lot here lately.

But they've started recognizing thread and text patterns and their replies are getting better. I almost had a full on conversation with a few about a week ago. They were replying rapidly with general statements but with some targeted word recognition from phrases I was using. I was bored and just wanted to see how "smart" they were. I bet you even bots could RTFM and understand goings on at this point.

But yeah, I've been reporting them all to Tutor in the last 2-3 weeks.