New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
ByCHALE Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:03 pm
i ve had the mpc 2000 xl for about 3 to 4 months now and have made some good tracks and used by some well know people in houston and dallas that have cds i have never sampled a beat before and want every now an then. this is what i know all ready know how to get the sample loop it and zone it slice it to pads. i had read my book and lots of other stuff but they just dont come out right know how to get the bpm but i guess what im asking is the sample beat really made in song mode or in the sequence mode please help thanks

By mwalker Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:45 pm
i am mainly a software guy and instead of time stretching with the mpc i make the sample a wave file, load into acid, change the tempo (takes 2 seconds to do in acid), save the file and load that wave file back into the mpc. i know the purest do thier time stretching with the mpc but by the time i do it with the mpc i would have lost the inspiration for the beat. that is why i use software for time stretching, it is faster.

i hope this helps.

ByCHALE Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:48 pm
thanks i will try that and see what happens with that

By nanoloop Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:33 am
the mpc's timestretching is on par or excells against some software timestrecthing.(just takes 10x longer, so i know which i'd prefer.) personnly i use ableton and/or recycle, just cause you get extra controll using the groove markers. you can change up the feel of the loops while at the same time making them fit yours seq's.

By featherboy Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:45 am
what im asking is the sample beat really made in song mode or in the sequence mode please help thanks

Neither.....you sort out the tempo of your sample on the PARAMS menu on the TRIM page, & that is once you have made sure your sample is properly trimmed.

I need to timestretch on a computer as I've got the MPC 2000 which doesn't have this feature. I recommend Ableton Live too.