New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By recment Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:39 pm
hi, i'm new to hardware samplers, have a mpc 1k and i miss the funktion where you can change the startpoint of a sample without cutting of what comes before. thats whats happening when i use the trim funktion and move the start point. somebody knows what i'm trying to say? :roll: english isn't my mothertung...

By ieism Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:25 pm
i don't have a mpc1000 myself, but i assume it's the same for all mpc's.
Try setting a loopstartpoint to where you want your sample to begin, set an endpoint too, and turn loop to OFF. That should give you what you need.
if that doesn't work for you, you could use the ZONE function set to 2 zones. You'll have to save your new 2 samples to a new pgm though.

By recment Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:11 pm
hi. so that means with the loopstartpoint and loop turned off i can do that. not shure if i explained myself correctly... i want the sample to sound before its "triggerd", what of course only works after a sequence is recorded.
anyway, i'll try that loopstartpoint thing and thanx

By ieism Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:56 pm
i'm having trouble understanding you. if the loop & zone tricks don't work, send me a private message with the question in german and i'll try to help out.

By fobedafied Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:58 am
i could be mistaken but i think he is refering to a SOFT START POINT

By dsuh Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:55 am
attack??? turn the attack up.