New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
ByCincere Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:07 am
ok ive serched several fourms lookin for help and never found quite wat i was looking for. i can't get my triton sounds to stay in the mpc1000. Ok ive hooked up the midi cables right. turned off the local control on the triton le. and synced the mpc right. :(

i have no problem gettin the triton sounds to play in the mpc1000. i make my sequences and save them, but then wen i load the sequences back, the triton sounds are completly different and the triton has to be on to here the sounds from the triton. ok, so if figured i need to some how save the triton sounds in the mpc1000. so i was like i'll jus create programs with the triton sounds, but i cant assign the pad sounds to read as a sample, so i cant create a program usin the triton sounds. the only thing i can think of is pluggin the triton into the mpc1000's record in like im sampling from it and play out each sound as i record it. then go back chop each sound and assign it to a pad. which would honestly be a pain in the ass. there has to be a simpler way. hope this came out clear. so basically how can i make my sequences usin the triton sounds or save the triton sounds to my mpc1000?

i would appreciate so much, so so much for any help. a link or anything. ive tried to figure this out for the past 2 weeks. thanks in advance :D

By pt3r Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:50 am
your sequencer can use the triton sounds if :

1) You triton is hooked up to your mpc via midi

or

2) You sample the sounds from your triton in your mpc.

Pick one of the above solutions. Once Again MIDI is only control DATA NOT SOUND.

ByCincere Fri Jun 25, 2004 7:07 pm
:?
u r kinda sayin wat i have stated. im aware wat the two ways are i said that my problems are in midi cables and the only other option is to use thre record in. thanx anyway tho, ill prolly jus go back to working on it and in 2 more weeks ill prolly get it. :wink:

unless ne1 else can help? id b greatful.

By pt3r Sat Jun 26, 2004 3:39 pm
Listen man I said what u said because those are the only 2 ways you can do it and that i wanted to confirm with you that's all. And if you can figure out another way to do it please post it.

ByCincere Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:30 am
lol.it was my fault cuz I prolly wrote to much unecessary stuff. I'm not sayin there is a third way. I'm jus sayin wen I do it the midi cable way I'm havin problems and I was wondering I guess basically how people proceed to make their sequences usin the triton sounds the midi way. Cuz I'm sure if evry1 does it the way I did it.

The way I do it after I turn off the local control on the triton I go to the triton sequencer mode and select the programs banks I want on the 16 channels on the triton. Then on the mpc1000. I switch from drum to midi and select the 1a thru 16a to use the triton sounds to make my sequneces. No problem. But after I save them and come back the sounds from the triton are all different.

So how do I stop this from happining? Or is that suppose to happen? Using the midi way how do u guys use the triton and mpc1000? I also understand that ery1 has their own way and wat works for them might not work for me. But I was jus curious. Sorry for the mix up. But that's basically all I'm asking. Hope that clears all this confusion bout a third way cuz its obvious there isn't one lol. Im Jus tryin to figure out the midi way in detail, so I don't have to sample thru the record in.

By pt3r Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:06 pm
Ok LOL now I see, sorry I thought you were trying to transfer your sounds to the mpc (this question has been asked so many times around here ... :-)) So to answer your question, in the mpc when you turn a channel to midi you have to also select a program number (on the MPC) in order to send a program change to the triton so the triton switches the corrert sound for the given midi channel. It seems from your explanation that you set the sound for the 16 midi channels on the triton (which of course works fine) but you also need to set it in the sequence of your mpc so you save those program changes along with the other midi info in your sequence. If that is not clear PM me and I'll try to be morte specific. Sorry again for getting confused.