New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By blakjak91 Sat Jul 03, 2004 10:59 am
I've a basic beat/hats etc looped over 1 bar but I want to add some sweeping noises that cover however many bars more. How can I get one track recorded over more bars than my beats? The manual isn't helping me out (boo) Is there a tutorial for mpc2k's either on vhs/dvd? as I'm pants with the manual because of the jargon and would prefer a hands on approach... :roll:

By stryke Sat Jul 03, 2004 11:53 am
If you check ebay for mpc2000 you can get a vhs tape for hands on instruction.As a matter of fact i ordered one for about 13 bucks but it hasn't made it here yet.(The company's in canada)Hope this helps a little.

By Dust Bunny Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:53 pm
What would be the purpose of this.If you have a looped beat then it's gonna play the same whether it's 1 bar or 20 bars. :?:

By ieism Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:55 pm
It can't be done. The mpc cuts off every sound after the end of bar 1 in this case. You won't go far with a 1bar loop anyway, a bassline would sound pretty boring won't it?
Try getting used to starting with at least 2 bars. I do all my beats using 4 bars.

By blakjak91 Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:07 pm
The only problem I have looping a bar over say 4 or 8 bars is getting the timing right on each click, I've yet to master this, is it not possible to perfectly loop on each click or is it all in the timing screen which I've messed around with but it doesn't seem to tighten the loop. I'd really like some strings to last more than 4 bars though... :(

By ieism Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:48 pm
you'll get the hang of it soon enough. You can quantize it to 1/8 to make it easier. Just set timing to 1/8 on the track you're looping on in the main screen, you don't need to mess with the timingscreen for now.

By trupro Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:52 am
Are you saying you want, like, 4bars of everything, then the 'sweeping strings' or whatever, to keep going solo, for longer?

By Cheech Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:22 am
If that's what you want then copy the sequence and add the stuff you want to the copied sequence, then just play that sequence after the original.

Did that help at all?

By blakjak91 Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:15 pm
Yeah I think that's what I'm after, I'll give it a go..... :D