New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By TerroristProphecy Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:47 am
Ok.. im not really a newbie.. but i feel like one bringing this up coz it seems obvious... I was just going thru saving some beats i was making and i noticed u can press 'window' on the 'Load from' field in the load section.. this brings up an Autoload From window.. i switched it to internal memory thinking to myself 'how can it autoload from internal memory when it autoloads when its turned on and the memory is cleared when its turned off?' ... then to my surprise I turn it on and there are a few of the factory presets that came on the Akai CF card.. made me wonder if there was a way of deleting them or replacing the internal memory with my own beats (or drum kits that i will constantly use)?

anyone shed any light? i might just be daft and missed it the passed 7 months lol.. but i can replace the factory sounds with my own drums... that would be handy :D

By skalawa Sat Jul 10, 2004 9:24 am
sounds like a 1000, but i am rocking the 2000, so i wouldnt.

By TerroristProphecy Sat Jul 10, 2004 9:55 am
skalawa wrote:sounds like a 1000, but i am rocking the 2000, so i wouldnt.

my bad.. forgot to state it was a 1000.. (too used to posting in the 1000 forum)
By stereoroid Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:50 am
TerroristProphecy wrote:anyone shed any light? i might just be daft and missed it the passed 7 months lol.. but i can replace the factory sounds with my own drums... that would be handy :D

You can always replace the Autoload on the CF card (on the 1000) - just put whatever you want in the Autoload folder. Or delete/rename that folder if you don't want it.

The Internal Flash is separate: you can turn that facility on or off (pg 83), or overwrite the contents by doing a "Save All Seqs & Songs" or "Save All Programs And Samples", and selecting "Internal Memory" as the destination (pg 84). If you do that, make sure you have your setup, your whole setup, and nothing but your setup in RAM. :shock: