New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.

By dubmunkey Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:08 pm
yeah me three but this guy sounds like he has never made a beat in his life...if thats true may wanna see if he likes it or not...my mate made the same mistake and is having trouble getting half of what he paid for for his set up...
yup fully loaded mpc2kxl went for£250 to my other mate...now that is a waste of money!

so i hear no comparison between free software and the mpc but trhe processes are so similar he'd be silly not to check....

i mean if your starting to learn the guiar would you get a cheap one or borrow one or go out and buy a top of the range fender?

greg

ByEdwin123 Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:05 pm
When I first decided to to start making beats, I went bolistic and bought like $4000 worth the garbage I didn't end up needing. Ended up selling it all. My philosophy is that if you want to make beats, start out on a piece of shit machine, like an old drum machine, or an old sampler. Get one that everything is very manual and primitive, meaning don't get one with autosync or anything that does work FOR you. Master the machine until your beats are incredible. THAN, when you absolutly decide that you need to upgrade, because of how limited you are at what it can do, get an MPC. After using the piece of shit, you will be very appreciative of the power of an MPC. And your beats will be dope! everything will be butter on the MPC