New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By mksphnx2001 Sun Jul 25, 2004 8:53 pm
How do I remove a sound that I loaded to a pad? I loaded up a sound on my 1000 that I am not going to use and I want to remove it because it is taking up space.

By DSTRUCT Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:31 am
im not that familiar with the 1k, but on my 2k, i go to program, then i hit the pad with the sample i want to omit from the program. Next, i simply highlight the sample name and scroll to the left untill it says "off". Thats it. Hope this helps man.

By bugz415 Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:02 am
Or, when following dstruction's steps, instead of scrolling to off you can press "Open Window" and delete it from memory.

By Cheech Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:20 am
That's right! Taking the sound out of the program just takes the sound out of the program, it doesn't delete it so it will still take up the same space!.

By pt3r Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:57 am
A purge sounds in the program edit screen will delete unassiged sounds from memory though.

By stereoroid Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:19 am
pt3r wrote:A purge sounds in the program edit screen will delete unassiged sounds from memory though.

Purge works by finding sounds that are not assigned to Pads: if this sample is assigned, Purge will not be enough.
In that case, you can just go to Trim mode, select the Sample name field, scroll to the sample, and hit Window to get the Delete option.
That does not unassign it from any Pads, it won't change the Program, just removes it from memory. It will be loaded with the Program next time. (So unassign it if you don't want that.)

By pt3r Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:17 am
My post was more a followup to the last post of Cheech