New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Juneproduction Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:23 am
I know this might be a stupid question, and i know im get some type "Read the Manual" type answer. But i dont have a manual so...

I need help on trying to save my kicks and snares and all that good stuff, so when i shut off the MPC i wont have to load all my samples all over again when i trun it back on.

By Cheech Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:14 am
You can find the downloadable manual in two minutes, all it takes is a quick search...

Anyway you didn't specify what model you've got? It's kind of hard for us to help without knowing that!

I'm not sure (someone correct me if I'm wrong!) but I think that what you were asking is only possible with the newer mpcs like 1k and 4k... So that means you probably have one of those, am I right?

By pt3r Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:59 am
Well it is possible on the 2k and 2kxl as well but then you need the extra (friggin expensive) flash rom installed. It would make you the first one on these forums to have that installed :)

By Cheech Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:07 am
Oh yeah totally forgot about that!
I don't even consider it an option, toooooo fu*king expensive!!!

By Juneproduction Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:19 pm
Well i have the 2kXL model and where can i get info on the Flashrom?

By Cheech Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:23 am
www.mpc2000xl.com
There is some info about the flash rom, but most importantly there is a hell of a lot more info that you should read up on.

I guess google will tell you more about the flash rom? I wouldn't suggest buying it, it costs up to $400 if I remember correctly.... You would be much better off with a zip drive, unless you got $hitloads of money to spend....