New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
ByBlack J Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:11 am
I'm trying my hardest to get the midi to work...i have the 1 in to the out of the Fantom...the A out to the in on the fantom....I want to use the MPC as the sequencer...and when I press record, I can hear the sound playing...but when it loops, nothing plays, it's like it doesn't record the sound....I have the type to midi, and the program off...and the midi set to 1A...can someone help
Thanks.
By trupro Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:30 pm
Which MPC are you using? In the XL, at the bottom of main screen, it should be set to MIDI: Device 1A, NOT to OFF. Off is for mpc programs as in 'send midi notes off'. Then, hit open window while the cursor is over the feild where you set the midi chanell on the MPC. This is the SOFT THRU screen, and since your conroller is yur sound generator as well, you want that set to OFF. If it is on, it will echo back, causing phasing, and almost double the volume output. Can clutter the midi info up as well.

In the Fantom, I ain't sure what buttons, cus I hav an FA-76, not an X.
But, you should work in multitibral mode. Move cursor to the line with part 1, which defaults to midi channel 1, then set MPC track to the midi channel you need (in this example, 1) and so on down the line.

Lemme know what happens.