New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Naut.Sirius Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:28 am
Hi all,

I just received my first MPC via UPS today, a MPC-4000 that I bought off of Ebay. needless to say I'm pretty excited and have been playing/learning it non-stop since.

I've got a question about the Jogwheel/Datawheel. On mine, regardless of whether it's spun clockwise or counter clockwise it always increases the value of the parameter being edited and I can't figure out how to decrease parameters. Is there a setting or preference that I can change to allow counter clockwise to decrease the value being edited? Or did I just buy a slightly defective MPC?

Cheers!
By Coz Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:32 am
Sounds like you've bought a defective unit, or one that just needs a replacement jog wheel.
By damien907 Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:17 pm
email the guy at mpcstuff.com he'll sort you out. his name is michael.
By [email protected] Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:05 am
You guys sure it needs replacing? I have the same problem , it worked just fine yesterday but now when the jog wheel spins in either direction it only increases the value....

sure it's not a setting you can change ? ive heard of wheel settings on other mpc's but i wouldnt know.

Let me know ;)
By Bombbeats4000 Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:58 am
The jogwheel encoder is an item that will fail on the 4000 guaranteed ! (When being used frequently that is ….)
Kinda like the display that will also start to have missing lines and fail eventually.

There is no other option than to replace it which isnt that hard, did it myself years ago.

Really nice MPC thats build like a tank apart from the crap factory encoder and the LCD display.