New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By dustydigits Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:05 pm
Every time I load up a new program the effects settings are on automatically. In my case the reverb and compressor is on. Even when I resave the program with these effects turned off or set to zero, they still load up again after a turn the machine off and on. I've tried everything to fix the problem. The manual hasn't helped at all. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot.

By dustydigits Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:05 pm
Is this thing on?

By dustydigits Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:04 pm
Okay, I'll try. Maybe it's because I have autoload on? Could this be it? Any thoughts?

By dustydigits Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:41 pm
Very helpful site I must say.

By dustydigits Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:45 pm
Olay. I guess I'll just record everything with reverb.

By stereoroid Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:28 pm
Dude, we don't even know what MPC model you have!
(Ask your garage for an oil filter but don't say what car you have, see what happens?)

If it's the MPC1000, then:
- the FX are on by default, true, but;
- signal only goes to the FX if you set the FX Send level in the Mixer page for that Program. (It works like a mixer channel FX send knob). Once you have that right, save the Program(s), that's where the FX Send settings are kept for next time.
- the FX's own settings (everything but FX Send level) are coming from the Sequence&Song (.ALL) files in Autoload, you're right about that, so turn Autoload off too, if you don't want that.

By dustydigits Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:22 pm
Thanks man. I was just screwing around with my multiple posts. Next time I'll try to be more specific.