New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By weezlemeez Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:06 pm
i know what punching in means....but what's it mean to give your sound more punch? does it mean attack or something like that???

By MattMatiks PG Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:50 pm
Yea it generally means more attack... You want your sounds to hit harder.. Like a punch... You don't just want your soudns to be heard... You want them to punch you in a sense so than you can feel them...

By weezlemeez Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:01 am
nice, nice that's what i thought......so answer me this, how do i create more punch with the mpc? please be specific

By weezlemeez Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:04 am
also how do u become a expert member or whatever? i see that im just a 'member'.

By Phatz Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:10 am
weezlemeez wrote:also how do u become a expert member or whatever? i see that im just a 'member'.

Just keep posting young Weezlemeez, thats how you get your weight up round here 8)

By dubmunkey Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:04 pm
but essentially means nothing as you could post 1000 crap posts and be deemed an expert member... :D

greg

By weezlemeez Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:41 pm
please tell me how to get more punch with the mpc

By MattMatiks PG Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:43 pm
Using the Filters on the MPC can give you more punch... But the truth is... The best way to get more punch is with a compressor/limiter... And invest in some Audio editing software... Record your sounds into there and add compression alll kinds of effects to increase your punch

By mkbaproductions Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:25 am
Layer and some light equing! Or you could try to just use punchy samples

By Cheech Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:30 am
The best way to get more punch is

to just use punchy samples

IMO

By Teh-Wei Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:50 am
^^^^^^No doubt bout dat!