New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By weezlemeez Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:04 am
can someone give me some light on this 1 2 please?

By deaf-mute Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:50 pm
the step and event editor is essentially two different views of what you are recording. When you hit a note and record it, you record an event...

Event tells you from left to right: what position in time that note or controller is played, what velocity, what note length etc.... you can edit these values in both step edit and event edit. If you want the note to play slightly later than recorded with the quantize, you can shift it's position in time by say 1 tick.. or move the velocity from 127 to 115...

By weezlemeez Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:59 pm
gotcha....that sounds like a major asset to the arsenal

do u think u could help me with step-edit?

By deaf-mute Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:29 am
weezlemeez wrote:gotcha....that sounds like a major asset to the arsenal

do u think u could help me with step-edit?

I can only suggest you try thing out.... but lets say you want two notes with different velocities, but when you record they both hit at the same velocity, go to the velocity and shift down the number from 127 to 90....
I you have velocity assigned to filter cut-off in the patches, you will hear the difference.. you can gain loads of expression using these controllers.

By esskodebeatz Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:53 pm
I see the step edit as the raw "idea" of your beat - basically how u want it to sound. The event editor then becomes the tool to perfect that idea - close up gaps between loops, velocity, feel, placing of events etc. I.e You should always put it down in step before you do anythin with event

pz.
ess.