New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By dennison Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:02 pm
hello,
I just picked up a cheap little keyboard and I want to midi it up with my mpc2000xl. I dont want the board to play the mpc's internal sounds I just want to record what I play into a sequence. how can i do this or can someone point me to the correct thread?

By Phatz Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:48 pm
The Newbie Bible will tell you how to do this its written by Binger0

Two standard midi cords will do the trick:
Mpc out a to keyboard in
Mpc in 1 to Keyboard Out

yo

By killer joe Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:19 pm
this is obvious but u need an audio cable as well right?

i just bought a keyboard and want to do the same thing

By spectre Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:53 pm
No audio cables needed. If you want the keyboard's audio going into a mixer instead of coming out of the keyboard, then you need the audio cable.
By killer joe Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:19 pm
can i record audio from my keyboard direct to a sequence on the mpc? i have the 2kxl - i dont wanna sample - i wanna record using sounds from the keyboard to build a beat and or some bass sounds or whatever......but without sampling it - can i do that? if so i will need two midi cables and an audio cable correct?

By spectre Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:59 pm
If you want the audio inside the MPC, you will need the sample from the keyboard. If you just want the keyboard to play in sync with the MPC, you just hook up the midi. The MPC will record what you play on the keyboard via midi just like it records you playing the pads. The audio will come out of the keyboard unless you sample it.
By killer joe Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:02 pm
i think i got it

thanks

so there's no way around sampling the keyboard audio to record it to a sequence then......ok - i guess that makes sense