New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By blakjak91 Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:15 pm
Say i've a nice 2 bar loop going, but I want another sound to stretch over say 4 bars, can this be done within the same song or does every sample/sound have to be the same bar size? :?:

By stereoroid Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:29 pm
In general, you can arrange things any way you want.
Just trigger the right samples at the right times, and it all happens.

No, really, there is no "right way" to do this stuff, you can make the sequences any length you want. 2-bar loop in a 4-bar sequence? Trigger it twice. And so on...
By deaf-mute Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:58 am
blakjak91 wrote:Say i've a nice 2 bar loop going, but I want another sound to stretch over say 4 bars, can this be done within the same song or does every sample/sound have to be the same bar size? :?:

the mpc is not like the rs700 where you can have on trzck thats 2 bars, another track that's 4 bars and say a melody thats 8 bars.... this is one thing a lot of us would love to see in the mpc and it has been discussed in the list before....

if you start your beat with say a two bar loop and then come up with a hook that's 4 bars long... what you have to do in the mpc is go to the main page and stick your cusor over the bars field. then hit window and there you can copz the 2 bar grove and make it 4 bars.. only then can you record the 4 bar hook over it... this is where the rs 7000 is better cause you can have each track that has seperate track lenghts...

peace

mute

By blakjak91 Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:46 am
Cheers for that, trouble is when I hit the open window key on BAR it only seems to give me the option of inserting/deleting blank bars instead of actually copying the bar if you see what I mean?, can anyone talk me through this cheers.... :oops: [/code]

By deaf-mute Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:24 pm
blakjak91 wrote:Cheers for that, trouble is when I hit the open window key on BAR it only seems to give me the option of inserting/deleting blank bars instead of actually copying the bar if you see what I mean?, can anyone talk me through this cheers.... :oops: [/code]

have you got an mpc 1000?????

By blakjak91 Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:45 pm
Halleluah! Stereoroid - you the man! got the beats extended to 8 bars now I can lay down those long strings and melodies. I will wrestle with the manual but having no previous experience of the jargon it's a pain in the rectum, gonna keep hastling the folks on here, nice one all.... :D