New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By sgventil Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:18 am
Hi friends sorry for the dumb question but I just got a mpc 2000 and It also came included a imation super disk-usb floppy interface.

I´ve tried all over the internet, tried mpceditor and even though I can put the files on the floppy the mpc says it can not recognize the file.

What am I doing wrong?

ps: I am on windows 7 and I am not sure that my mpc editor is working correctly.

Thank you all in advanced
By *Pilchard* Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:57 am
As long as you are on the up to date OS (1.72 is the best) your mpc will read wave files but they need to be PCM and also 16 bit with 44.1khz sample rate.
Maybe you are trying to use samples with the wrong bit depth or samplerate?
Any sample editor (such as Audacity) should make PCM wave files for you and allow you to change the samplerate etc.
By Metatron72 Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:15 am
Even iTunes can covert to 16 bit 44.1kHz if you don't have a wave editor handy. Just set the import settings to WAV and the above bit rate and depth. The right or control+a on a bunch of files and the convert to WAV settings will follow your import settings.
By JUKE 179r Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:58 pm
Good info Metatron! I keep forgetting about that iTunes can convert to 16 bit WAV.
By distortedtekno Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:09 am
Ill-Green wrote:Or you cansampleit in because it is a sampler!!!

That would be the best option, giving the sample more of the classic 2K color and warmth. I enjoy sampling more on the 2K than I did with the 1K for this very reason. :nod: