New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By hitman78 Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:51 am
hey man why nobody talks about the program and how it changes??? i separate my programs drums in one and sampled music in the other but however when I'm recording what ever program I'm using on track one if i go to track 2 and change to drums it also changes track 1 to the same as track 2s program sounding like a bad car wreck and I'm an experienced mpc user just never used the 2000xl or the 2500 all the others I've used and none of them does this the 4000 will let u correct that error but can't make this 2000xl stop changing programs
By hitman78 Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:51 am
hitman78 wrote:hey man why nobody talks about the program and how it changes??? i separate my programs drums in one and sampled music in the other but however when I'm recording what ever program I'm using on track one if i go to track 2 and change to drums it also changes track 1 to the same as track 2s program sounding like a bad car wreck and I'm an experienced mpc user just never used the 2000xl or the 2500 all the others I've used and none of them does this the 4000 will let u correct that error but can't make this 2000xl stop changing programs

and i set the prog number but that doesn't stop it am i missing sumn
By tapedeck Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:57 am
are both tracks on the same DRUM setting? if they are both DRUM1 then yes, they will both change to whatever program you set.

also, go into the program edit and make sure all your programs have a unique number...a lot of times it will give different programs the same number and that will cause problems.

so set track 1 to DRUM1, track to to DRUM2, make sure you program numbers dont clash, and it should work.
By Lampdog Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:07 pm
Once recorded do not change THAT pad. Anything you do to THAT recorded pad in the same PGM will cause headaches elsewhere when the same PGM same pad is used and recorded.

I am thinking you recorded on Trk1, went to Trk2 and changed recorded pads.
Trk1 and Trk2 are using the same PGM aren't they?

Recorded performance is still there but being played with a newly assigned sample. Put the old sample back.
Use a different pad for different sample.

If you want to use the same sound then place the same sound on separate pads and use PARAMS to change pad behavior. It is still using the same physical sample but you can change pad behavior safely and without worry. Again once recorded, leave it alone and move to another pad.

You have 64 pads (A,B,C,D) and 4 active PGMS, 24 inactive in memory ready to swap between any of the
4, don't be shy, use em.

You follow?