New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By saltmcgault Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:30 pm
achanakbhayank wrote:Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this question. I'm interested in buying an mpc 1000 and to start making sample based music. I have never made sample based misic before but have used 4 and 8 multi-track recorders to make music in the past. I have a huge collection of records and I like the idea of turning my collecting hobby into a creative hobby.

Since I have experience with multi track recorders, I'm envisioning the mpc to have similar capabilities, but perhaps I am completely wrong.

Does the mpc allow users to layer tracks? For example, if I created a drum sequence, can I record instrumentation on top of that, similar to a multi-track recorder? Or does the mpc only allow one layer at a time?

Any info to help me conceprualize the song writing process would be greatly appreciated.

in a sequence you can have multiple tracks probably more tracks than you could ever think of using in a project. In that track you have a "program" where you have 64 pads where you can assign a sample the 16 pads have 4 banks. A B C & D. You could do everything in 1 track as long as all your sounds are in the program selected for that track. otherwise you could go track1/kick track2/snare track3/some more snare track4/cowbell etc etc. If this isn't ringing a bell then maybe check out some youtube videos or demos. I hoped this helped. goodluck.
By Menco Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:25 pm
The MPC is basically a 64 track multitrack midi recorder on which you can sequence it’s onboard sampler and external synths/ modules. It also has 3 stereo/ 6 mono outs to multitrack record your finished songs into DAW or any type of multitrack recorder.