New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Dobberz90 Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:37 am
I recently bought a MPC 2000xl. It came with a 100mb zip drive. I want to swap it out and install the floppy disk drive. I can't afford the CF reader right now. I'm having a hard time hooking everything up, mostly the wiring. I tried for like 2 hours and gave up, Im not good with this computer stuff lol. Even though it's 2019, someone should make a video installing floppy drives into the MPC 2000xl lol. I'll appreciate the help or recommendations.
By richie Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:50 am
Could you explain what you found difficult? I mean all you would literally do is swap the zip drive ribbon connector for a floppy one, and connect the power back up. I'm a bit confused what you are finding difficult?

Secondly, can you afford $5.49?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CF-Card-Compac ... 1829250366

Put that in your MPC 2000XL. Put some electrical tape on the bottom side of it so that it doesn't short anything out and you're good.
By JUKE 179r Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:37 am
If you are talking about the different power connectors being difficult you can get a 4 Pin male molex power to 4 pin female floppy drive power connector.
Last bumped by Dobberz90 on Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:37 am.