New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Mattog Tue May 07, 2019 4:35 am
This may be a newbie question, I dunno. So I created a drum program on my Live using drum samples, saved it as a program in a folder where it also saved the wav files. Here's the thing, the wav files it saved in the folder have gone weird - they're basically just clipped clicks and nothing like the modified sounds when I load up the program. Now I understand the program doesn't save the modified sounds (that's right isn't it?) but when I go to sample assign in program the wav files are normal. So why the difference between the source files?
By Ill-Green Fri May 10, 2019 3:21 am
Ok, it does save your settings but you have to save manually, it won't save automatically. Also, when you save, you have to choose to where it will be saved, guessing that you probably have SSD and/or SD card in there. So go to save when you done with a session and hit the pencil icon, there you can save your work.

But I never had that glitch happened to me before. Can you explain the steps you did before turning it on and finding the massacre.
By Mattog Tue May 14, 2019 11:37 am
The wav files were saved automatically as part of the program and in the same folder. So it wasn't a manual save as such. I need to try doing it again with another program to see if its just a glitch perculiar to this occassion. Nobody else has mentioned anything so obviously its not a common issue.

Ill-Green wrote:Ok, it does save your settings but you have to save manually, it won't save automatically. Also, when you save, you have to choose to where it will be saved, guessing that you probably have SSD and/or SD card in there. So go to save when you done with a session and hit the pencil icon, there you can save your work.

But I never had that glitch happened to me before. Can you explain the steps you did before turning it on and finding the massacre.