New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By algorithmworld Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:35 am
Hey guys I just got the mpc4000 I'm not hearing no sound from it I have my headphones plugged up to it I put the CD in the machine it's a normal James brown CD I just wanna hear it come Thur the machine im trying to load it into the machine please could u guys help me with this I press load I see it say audio cd... On the screen but I just wanna hear something.from this machine please someone reply back
By tapedeck Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:43 pm
i could be wrong, but i would assume that cd-rom is only for data, not for sampling audio.
get another cd player, and plug the outputs into the mpc inputs and sample away, old-school style.
By CharlesRandolph Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:53 pm
Check Page 255: Connecting the CD-ROM analog audio cable in the manual.

When the MPC 4000 came out new, they included an Analog audio cable for CD-ROM. So in order for the CD Rom to play audio, you need connect the CD Rom analog cable to the P23 connector on the PC board 2. If your CD Rom does not have the cable, you'll need to find one.

Look for this:

algorithmworld wrote:Hey guys I just got the mpc4000 I'm not hearing no sound from it I have my headphones plugged up to it I put the CD in the machine it's a normal James brown CD I just wanna hear it come Thur the machine im trying to load it into the machine please could u guys help me with this I press load I see it say audio cd... On the screen but I just wanna hear something.from this machine please someone reply back
By algorithmworld Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:12 am
It says rewriteable CDs it take but I put digital CDs in it in it does not work I guess there's sounds on the machine but how do I hear them this machine is frustrating I have the book with it.. I'm having a hard time just getting sound out the machine I'm plugged in main outlet in have the mpc running there my amplifier how do I get the sounds on here to come Thur my speakers thooo
By tapedeck Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:Check Page 255: Connecting the CD-ROM analog audio cable in the manual.

When the MPC 4000 came out new, they included an Analog audio cable for CD-ROM. So in order for the CD Rom to play audio, you need connect the CD Rom analog cable to the P23 connector on the PC board 2. If your CD Rom does not have the cable, you'll need to find one.

good man thanks for clearing that up.