New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Daniel Nava Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:19 pm
I just bougth an MPC Studio and I downloaded the software to my laptop, the thing is that I will buy a new laptop in a month, so the question is, can I download the software again in my new laptop ? and can I download the software as many times I want in many computers or the software can be downloaded just once ?
Thank you so much for your help.
Cheers.
By MPC-Tutor Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:01 pm
Which version are you using, 1.9.x or 2.x?

2.x uses iLok (software, not hardware lok), so you can ave two computers activated at any one time. If you change computer, just decativate the old activation via the iLok software and activate the new one.

1.x series uses a different system where you have to enter your user registration details the first time you run the software after install. Akai never officially confirmed how many computer activations they allowed, but it appeared to be 3 or 4 in practice (even though the license says 'one at a time' only, but this seemed to be ignored by them). Once you used up your activations you'll need to contact Akai to reset.
By Monotremata Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:17 pm
Just dont forget to DEACTIVATE the license before you get rid of the old computer!! If you leave it, you have no way of getting that license back, it will MAKE you go back to the actual machine to do it. You'll have to wait for iLok support to reset everything for you in that case.
By saltmcgault Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:22 am
Monotremata wrote:Just dont forget to DEACTIVATE the license before you get rid of the old computer!! If you leave it, you have no way of getting that license back, it will MAKE you go back to the actual machine to do it. You'll have to wait for iLok support to reset everything for you in that case.

:worthy: