New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Dobberz90 Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:39 am
I got an MPC 2000XL. I'm trying to set it up.
I have a technics 1200mk5 TT, Rane 56 mixer and Adam Audio T5V monitors that i barely bought. I'm trying to set everything up. I'm kind of confused with getting the right cables. Do i hook up the TT-Rane56- MPC 2000xl w/ TS cable-AUX input of the Rane 56- use the Master input of the rane and plig in XLR cables into the monitors? If you guys can give me the steps and what cable I'll appreciate it. Thank you
By NearTao Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:07 pm
This depends on what you want to do, there are plenty of ways to hook it up and be successful, but it depends greatly on how you want to operate.

Are you trying to use the mixer to take audio from the technics and output it to the MPC, so that your main outs come out of the MPC?

You might also want to mix between the technics and the MPC, which is a different cabling, and would mean the outs come out of the Rane...

Let us know what kind of workflow you think you want and somebody can probably explain a good way to hook it up.
By Dobberz90 Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:34 pm
Which one is a better setup, that i can get more out of my mpc?? If that makes sense. Sorry for the waaay late reply. It's been a crazy past couple months.
By NearTao Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:17 pm
Personally...

I'd hook technics into Rane... then Rane to MPC ins... then MPC L/R outs to monitors... it's a super simple setup, and you can definitely do more fancy setups... but start there and learn what you can
By CharlesRandolph Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:45 pm
NearTao wrote:Personally...

I'd hook technics into Rane... then Rane to MPC ins... then MPC L/R outs to monitors... it's a super simple setup, and you can definitely do more fancy setups... but start there and learn what you can

Agree! Simple and direct is always the best approach. That way if anything fails in the chain, it's easy to diagnose. Ironic the only thing he's missing is monitor control. :lol: