New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By beatsbyimy Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:13 pm
hi all, i tried searching for information on my mpx16 standalone. I seem to found out while playing about with it that it saves the kits as .kit, i know my mpc isnt listed on this forum as a section in the forums.

I cant seem to find where to aquire kits with .kit on google or anywhere on the web, if anyone can help me with this or give me advice on kits you are most welcome. I am a beginner drummer.

Thanks.
By CharlesRandolph Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:39 pm
beatsbyimy wrote:hi all, i tried searching for information on my mpx16 standalone. I seem to found out while playing about with it that it saves the kits as .kit, i know my mpc isnt listed on this forum as a section in the forums.

I cant seem to find where to aquire kits with .kit on google or anywhere on the web, if anyone can help me with this or give me advice on kits you are most welcome. I am a beginner drummer.

Thanks.

You can use 16 bit wav files sounds at the sample rate of 48, 44.1, 32, 22.05, or 11.205 KHz.

Try using the MPX16 utility: https://www.akaipro.com/mpx16#downloads.tab
By beatsbyimy Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:38 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
beatsbyimy wrote:hi all, i tried searching for information on my mpx16 standalone. I seem to found out while playing about with it that it saves the kits as .kit, i know my mpc isnt listed on this forum as a section in the forums.

Thanks.

You can use 16 bit wav files sounds at the sample rate of 48, 44.1, 32, 22.05, or 11.205 KHz.

Try using the MPX16 utility: https://www.akaipro.com/mpx16#downloads.tab

Okay thanks I'll give that a go, I downloaded the software the day my mpc arrived. I just thought there would be some royalty free kits out there.
By CharlesRandolph Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:05 pm
There are tons of free sample packs out there. Just convert them to 16 bit wav files and assign them to a pad.
By beatsbyimy Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:55 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:There are tons of free sample packs out there. Just convert them to 16 bit wav files and assign them to a pad.

I think the proper term i meant was sampler patches for the mpc.. if i knew what the extension file for the mpx16 sampler patches are i'll be on my way..

I tried out the conversion utillity it isnt that great, it didnt convert some of the .wav files i have properly i had to convert them manually.
By CharlesRandolph Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:41 pm
beatsbyimy wrote:I think the proper term i meant was sampler patches for the mpc.. if i knew what the extension file for the mpx16 sampler patches are i'll be on my way..

I tried out the conversion utillity it isnt that great, it didnt convert some of the .wav files i have properly i had to convert them manually.

Yeah, best way is to load 16 bit samples on the pad. Then save that as a USER kit. Kit files is just what, the MPX-16 save it's internal kits as. Other than that, just use 16 bit wav files.
By beatsbyimy Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:56 pm
okay i've been practising with software and my mpc, can i share some snippets here?.. thanks..