New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By warmgloom Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:46 pm
hey I just ordered a mpc 1000! I watched videos on how to import samples, however when they are loaded you need to assign each drum to a pad. what if I'm importing 30 snares and 20 kicks all at once? do I have to assign each drum hit one by one?

ideally I want to import 100s of one shots (kick snare hat) and then be able to browse them on the mpc 1000 as I have a sample looping. how can I achieve this?
By NearTao Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:55 am
warmgloom wrote:hey I just ordered a mpc 1000! I watched videos on how to import samples, however when they are loaded you need to assign each drum to a pad. what if I'm importing 30 snares and 20 kicks all at once? do I have to assign each drum hit one by one?

You can assign it as you load it... at least in JJOS you can... what OS are you rocking?

Also... there are apps for creating programs on the PC... might be worth a google or two.