New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By pablo-shk Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:41 pm
How to create a complete live?
I am French, so sorry if it is not understandable.
When you play live, do you load a project and then move on to the following sequences?
But the sample bank must be huge! it must not be easy to find the samples you need!
Even having read the manual, I don't really understand what a template, a project, a song is.
thank you all :worthy:
By NearTao Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:07 pm
pablo-shk wrote:How to create a complete live?
I am French, so sorry if it is not understandable.
When you play live, do you load a project and then move on to the following sequences?
But the sample bank must be huge! it must not be easy to find the samples you need!
Even having read the manual, I don't really understand what a template, a project, a song is.
thank you all :worthy:

The capabilities will depend on which machine you are using... that said...

You can go a long way with a song being built out of a single sequence, then using Track Mute and/or Pad Mute strategically.

I don't know about others, but for me it is about carefully grooming sequences, tracks, and programs, so that you can have a predictable set that is relatively simple to control, but has the ability add some rather complex expression.

You can also get a lot of options by also sequencing one or more pieces of external synth hardware, as you can really change the character of a song by changing from a piano to an organ, doing filter sweeps on a mixer, or any other number of traditional performance activities.