New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Manboon Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:25 pm
Hi all, noob here.

I have an Roland integra 7 multi timbral sound module and a Roland system 8.
Recently seen vids for mpc one, and discovered live and X, also exist. Like the thought of samples and sampling and inbuilt sounds etc for a bit of inspiration.
I have logic in a box somewhere but was using with a Mac mini found that all a bit of a learning curve, but ultimately the Mac mini at the time didn’t have the guts required.
Some of the promo vids I’ve seen are a bit sketchy on midi connectivity.
Wondered what you pros would say is the best MPC for my needs. I’m not a serious musician, butI would like maybe to use the integra 7 using a few midi channels for multitimbral play or at least have that capability, I see the X and Live seem to have more connections and maybe more included sounds built in. Also would like to be able to add a 2nd synth If poss.
Your help is most appreciated, and thanks in advance.
Manboon
By Lampdog Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:31 pm
This is a sore subject for many people. Search the board multitimb” “multi-tim” all the diff ways you can of saying it and you’ll find lots of opinions. I want an Integra one day and I’d want to use it the EXACT way you wanting to.
By Lampdog Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:29 am
An Integra would replace my turbo phatt, but, I love my turbo phatt.
It was ahead of it’s time imo.
By CharlesRandolph Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:38 am
The Intergra 7 is a beast of a machine, the surround sound functions is really cool. Personally it has enough sound for a lifetime. :lol: It could be paired with any MPC, I would say the MPC X would be the best, due to the amount of qlinks it has.
Last edited by CharlesRandolph on Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Lampdog Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:40 am
I’ve researched and drooled over it a lot. I’m knowing already.
IDK what’s stopping me from getting it.
By Lampdog Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:58 pm
I’ve wanted Integra since it came out, just didn’t pull the trigger.
I’m fine with what I have and don’t NEED it.
I have more than enough stuff.

Integra with any mpc would be an AWESOME combo.
A combo that is not redundant.
By Menco Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:06 pm
True.

But now I am starting to wonder what a sick combo the Integra with a SP2400 will be :mrgreen:
By Lampdog Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:48 pm
I’ll have to substitute Integra with Kronos2 and report back.

:lol: :lol:
By Lampdog Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:52 pm
Manboon wrote:Hi all, noob here.

I have an Roland integra 7 multi timbral sound module and a Roland system 8.
Recently seen vids for mpc one, and discovered live and X, also exist. Like the thought of samples and sampling and inbuilt sounds etc for a bit of inspiration.
I have logic in a box somewhere but was using with a Mac mini found that all a bit of a learning curve, but ultimately the Mac mini at the time didn’t have the guts required.
Some of the promo vids I’ve seen are a bit sketchy on midi connectivity.
Wondered what you pros would say is the best MPC for my needs. I’m not a serious musician, butI would like maybe to use the integra 7 using a few midi channels for multitimbral play or at least have that capability, I see the X and Live seem to have more connections and maybe more included sounds built in. Also would like to be able to add a 2nd synth If poss.
Your help is most appreciated, and thanks in advance.
Manboon

X or Live.
More connections available.
By bees80 Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:20 pm
An MPC One would fill your needs i guess, if your not too serious. You can use midi tracks to use the multitimbrality on the integra.

I've been using a live with a roland JV 1080. The cheap integra from the 90's :)