New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Kavkane Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:27 pm
Believe it or not, I’m new to mpc . First I had a touch and we all know how those things turned out. Now I have a live 2. My problem is when I was trying to make my first beat I noticed up top the bars, beats and tick count is not working correctly. Normally the beat will go 1,2,3,4 then the bar will go 1 then 2 after each 4 count of the beat. As we all know. My beat count stays at 1 and my bar count goes 1,2,3,4 counting like the beat. Also when I record a track I’ll get 2 clicks then it takes of recording. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.
By Komatos Records Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:49 pm
I noticed that in one of the demo Styles that comes with the MPC X/Live/One. One of the Sequences is obviously not in 4/4 meter because it goes 1.1->2.1->3.1->...17.1 before looping. Since viewing/changing the time signature isn’t obviously visible from the main screen and I’m still learning my MPC X with what little time I have free lately I haven’t figured that out yet.

The rest of the Sequences in that demo Style are all standard 4/4 meter and count through the bars/beats/ticks normally. Same thing with every other demo Style/Sequences for the other demos and Expansion Pack demos. It’s like that one sequence is in 1/1 meter.