New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By worldsignal Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:13 pm
Is there way to play external MIDI thru the built-in monitors on the Live II? Seems I can only line IN for it to come out the Master OUT to an external monitor. I'm trying to have the setup as minimal as possible on the go. Thank you!
By Lampdog Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:28 pm
MIDI is not audio.
Line In is for audio.
By justineastwick Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:26 pm
galganael wrote:Oh dear... :Sigh:

I would’ve asked the same question back in the day...

Couldn’t you hook up the external gear through LINE IN and have it play through the built-in monitors of the MPC Live 2?

Like through the MONITOR in the SAMPLER?
By EnochLight Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:34 pm
worldsignal wrote:Is there way to play external MIDI thru the built-in monitors on the Live II? Seems I can only line IN for it to come out the Master OUT to an external monitor. I'm trying to have the setup as minimal as possible on the go. Thank you!

Assuming you mean external audio, the answer is: YES. Run all of your external MIDI gear's audio out into a mixer, and run the stereo mixer out into your MPC Live 2's line-in. Done. **

** Make sure you're monitoring on your MPC Live 2, though.
By Tabletop Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:02 pm
Should we start directing a lot of threads like these to the beginners section?
Not trying to offend anyone, I should probably spend more time there too! Just aeems like a lot of new user questions lately. I could be wrong.
By Lampdog Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:48 am
Tabletop wrote:Should we start directing a lot of threads like these to the beginners section?
Not trying to offend anyone, I should probably spend more time there too! Just aeems like a lot of new user questions lately. I could be wrong.

I forgot to put it there.

Done.