New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Alyi Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:46 pm
Hi! Everyone. My English is not very well, hope you can understand.
1.After I chop a sound, how can I keep the kit goin when I hit and hold the drum pad? Like A~~~~? Not only A after I hold the drum pad.
2.When I samlpe a 4 bars loop, when I hit the drum pad, the loop will goin to the end, can I just like A-A-ABCD?

P.S. The A means a sound kit(maybe a bass , piano or others.)

Hope some one can understand what I talkin about...........

Thanks for help!

By spectre Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:16 pm
What do you mean by A, B, C, and D? Different parts of the loop or different pads/sounds?

If you mean the same loop, just making it stutter a little, do this:

1. Go into the program menu and edit the params with your loop
2. Then in the lower right corner where it says Poly - you can change it to Mono or Note Off. Both will do what you want.

Mono - pad plays all the way through but cuts itself off and restarts when you press it again.

Note Off - As long as you hold the pad down the sound will play. When you let go and press again it starts over. You have to hold the pad though.

I'd probably use Mono for this.
By Lampdog Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:19 pm
What MPC do you have?

You probably speaking of mono, note off and poly.

We need to know what gear you are working with in order to tell you how to do it?

If you have an XL then download the manual and go to pg. 126

By spectre Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:22 pm
Haha. Forgot to ask what MPC you have. What I described is for 2kxl.

By Lampdog Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:45 pm
Spectre, we were thinking the same thing at the same time, but you beat me to the punch. 8)

By Alyi Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:53 am
Thanks guys! you really help me.
I use 2000 XL. It's works, it's the same like MPC60?(I am plane to buy one)