New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
Bybugginz Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:39 am
Well got a real love for music so i thought i would try producing as a pass time. I thought it would be fun, producing something of my own. Now i thought of getting some basics but after going through a couple of pages looks like i might need a little more. Well I plan to start with a MPC 1000 and a microKorg, and maybe one of those sound modules as soon as i find out exactly how to use it and what it does, and some monitors (An affordable brand would be nice help to). I thought i would just work around the MPC and Korg. So it wouldnt be PC based. Any help is welcome.

1st post 2 :D. Thanx!

By spectre Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:42 am
Well, using a 1000 you're boound to use the computer a lot.

Bybugginz Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:44 am
Yea for samples and such, but i meant for putting the beat down.

By stereoroid Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:11 pm
Personally, I'd go for an Alesis Micron before I look at the MicroKorg again. Better all round, about the same price. IMHO.
I second what spectre says - serious sample mangling requires a PC or Mac, the MPC1000 is missing the MPC2000's advanced sample tools.