New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By WAVES Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:38 pm
i hav da mpc 2000 and i have my keyboard. what do i need 2 do 2 record my beats into da computer. tell me as far as equipment wise and software wise

By Smoove03 Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:41 pm
you'll probably want to look into a mixer. first off you need to connect your keyboard to your mpc with MIDI cables.

mpc midi in -> keyboard midi out
keyboard midi in -> mpc midi out

i have the stereo outs from my mpc going into my mixer. also my keyboard outs are going into my mixer. then from the out on your mixer, go into the input on your computer.

thats how i have it setup. but someone probably could go deeper for you

By WAVES Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:01 pm
that part is down pat. i jus wanna do it on a computer. i do it from my room

By ieism Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:34 pm
You'll need a decent soundcard, and some monitors.
If you're recording stereo-out from your mpc and just one keyboard, a soundcard with 4 analogue inputs is enough.
If you have the 8-outputs on your 2000, you might want to cop a card with 8 or more inputs.
Depending on the soundquality and the number of inputs, you're looking at $200 to $1200 for a good soundcard.

What software to use depends on your computer. Just to figure out the basics of recording, mixing and mastering you can use programs that are cheap or even free.
If you're using a pc i suggest you try out some demo's of software. A lot of cats here use Cool Edit or Wavelab for basic recording and cutting samples. For mixing down tracks look into: Cubase sx, Nuendo, Cakewalk Sonar, Fruityloops or Ableton Live.
I started out with N-track, cause it was cheap. They also have a lot of usefull links at their site:
http://www.ntrack.com/

By 247beatz Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:29 pm
go with the delta 10/10
you cant go wrong.

By WAVES Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:16 pm
is da tascam products good 4 computer recording

!

By bboutit Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:07 pm
Any product that you can get a good clean signal into and out will work fine. Even a Soundblaster will work fine, it's all about what you like.